Thank you for visiting this digital platform, which is owned and operated by The Kenya Union of Journalists (KUJ).
Please take a few minutes to review this Policy. It governs your use of any KUJ–owned website or mobile or tablet application on which it is posted (referred to collectively herein as our “Sites”). This Policy does not apply to information obtained by KUJ or its affiliates through other means, including information obtained through KUJ–owned websites or mobile or tablet applications on which this Policy is not posted.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- “Content” refers to all of the software and code comprising or used to operate our Sites, and all of the text, photographs, images, illustrations, graphics, sound recordings, video, and audio–video clips, and other materials available on our Sites, including User–Generated Content.
- “Feedback” refers to the Content you post on or through our Sites that is specifically about how we can improve our Sites and the products and services we make available through our Sites.
- “Personal Information” refers to information that identifies you personally, alone or in combination with other information available to us. Examples of Personal Information include your name, address, and email address.
- “Sites” refers collectively to Star Tribune–owned websites and mobile and tablet applications on which this Policy is posted.
- “Kenya Union of Journalists (KUJ),” “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to Kenya Union of Journalists.
- “User-Generated Content” refers to all of the text, photographs, images, illustrations, graphics, sound recordings, video, audio–video clips, and other Content that you post on or through our Sites using the social networking tools we make available to you and that does not constitute Feedback. One way that User-Generated Content differs from other information you provide to us is that once submitted, User-Generated Content is made available instantaneously to others. Examples of User-Generated Content include comments posted beneath news reports available on our Sites.
- Information You Manually Provide: KUJ collects the Personal Information you knowingly and manually provide when you use our Sites. The type of Personal Information we collect varies depending upon how you use our Sites. For example, if you register with https://kuj.or.ke/ , download a mobile or tablet application, and/or subscribe to our digital services, we may ask you to provide your name, email address, and other information. We may also collect any Personal Information you submit on or through our Sites when you provide Feedback, comment on an article, or contact us with questions.
- Information From Third-Party Social Media Platforms: You may be able to choose to register, log–on, or enhance your profile on our Sites through a third–party social media platform, such as Facebook Connect. By doing this, you are asking the third-party social media platform to send us registration information from your profile on that platform. We treat that information as we do any other information you give to us when you register, log–on, or enhance your profile. After you have connected, the third party may also send us additional information from your profile that allows us to offer certain functionalities on the pages you view.
- collect information about the ways visitors use our Sites–which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page;
- support the features and functionality of our Sites—for example, to save you the trouble of reentering information already in our database or to prompt the settings you established on previous visits; and
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH OUR SITES
- Generally, we use the information we collect through our Sites:
- to provide the information, products and services you request;
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to provide you with a personalized experience when you use our Sites;
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of our Sites;
- to contact you with information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to invite you to participate in surveys and provide Feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of Sites on which this Policy is posted and on other sites owned or co-branded by KUJ;
- USE OF SURVEY INFORMATION
- From time to time, we may post a survey on our Sites or, if we have your contact information and your consent, we may send you a questionnaire or survey. We compile statistical information from the responses to our surveys. These statistics are not personally identifiable. These statistics help us understand the needs and preferences of the groups we serve and improve the content and functionality of our Sites. In addition, when we conduct a poll that gauges reader reaction to a particular news event, we may make the results of that poll available on our Sites.
- CONTACT US